What is the Congestion Zone Charge and does it apply to my booking?
Driving into London and need a place to stay? Need to know more about the Congestion Zone and its charges? TravelStay is here to help make sure that you understand and spend no more than you have to!
Travelling can often be a nightmare, especially when you have to consider additional charges for your vehicle. TravelStay wants to make sure that you know what the Congestion Zone is, where it is, and how much it is. That way you can decide where your best options for accommodation are!
- What is the Congestion Charge?
- The Congestion Charge is a daily charge of £11.50 (as of 31 March 2016) that is payable for driving a vehicle within the charging zone Monday through Friday between the hours of 07:00 and 18:00 (GMT).
- There is no charge on weekends, public holidays or between Christmas Day (25 December) and New Year's Day (01 January). Neither is there a charge between 18:00 and 07:00 (GMT)
- Auto Pay options are available to help lower this cost slightly.
- Where is the Congestion Zone?
- Located throughout a broad portion of Zone 1, the Congestion Zone covers much of the heart of Central London.
- To view this on a map, please go to https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-charge/congestion-charge-zone.
One of the best options for money-saving options is to find accommodation outside of the Congestion Charge Zone and take advantage of the TFL services for getting around London.